Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My P90Xperience (so far)

Let me start out by saying that I am a hard core cardio girl.  I love all things fast paced and fun and for the 6 months I had been working out to my cardio program called Turbo Fire.  I LOVE Turbo Fire and anything Turbo, really.  As much as I love Turbo Fire, I also know that strength training is crucial to maximizing my fitness potential.  Alas, it was time to switch it up a little, so I did by starting P90X.
For those of you that don't know about P90X, it's an intense resistance training program created by Tony Horton.  (go here to learn more www.beachbodycoach.com/iTurbo )
Anyway, P90X is the #1 fitness info-mercial in the country and many have heard about it, completed it and have gotten amazing results.  So, I made it a point to give it a try.  After all, I am a Beachbody coach and what kind of coach would I be if I hadn't tried the number 1 workout program offered by Beachbody?
Well, my experience so far is good.  The first day was pretty challenging, but I got through the push-ups, chest exercises and sit-ups and was fatigued by the end.  Day 2 was a Plyometrics workout, which consisted of squat jumps, leaps, and heisman style moves.  It definitely got my heart pumping and I felt great when I was finished.  Challenging, but doable.  On to day 3....shoulders and arms and the same ab ripper exercise from day 1.  I can honestly say that I felt stronger and it seemed much easier to get through the workout.  On day 1, the ab workout was very challenging for me, but by day 3 I felt the burn, but was able to go longer and harder.  Awesome!
Soreness has set in, but I honestly feel great.  I feel like my muscles are working, especially those in my lower abdomen and it's great cause those are so hard to get.  I'm excited to keep going and get some great results.
By the way, in terms of equipment, I have been using some resistance bands and a set of 5 and 8 lb weights.  I do not have the P90X chin up bar or Tony Horton's power stands, but I will probably invest in those soon.


Check out the P90X info-mercial below:
P90X Video


Note:  This blog was originally published on 02/11/11

No comments:

Post a Comment